Joseph and his brother Louis, founded Mazer Brothers in New York in the 1920s.
In 1946 Joseph left and formed Joseph J. Mazer Company. The trade mark was Jomaz. Some early pieces were created by Marcel Boucher. Louis left Mazer in 1951 but the company did not close until the late 1970s.
Adolfo created some of these later pieces. The pieces were produced with high quality, sometimes special order stones. A fitting description for the jewellery they produced was elegant.